So, I found some pictures of things I got at the dump that I want to do things with, or felt, or wear. I shall certainly post them. I also have some pictures of a *fabulous secret project* that I shall not reveal... Lindsay requested an apron to cover her grown-up-girl work clothes while painting, printing, etc. I'm working on it, but I'm going to be mean and make it a surprise! HA! There you go Lindsay, right back at ya ;-)
Okay, Dump Finds:
1. Crazy Print. I have no idea what they intended these to be, but there are two. I love them.
2. A lambswool sweater that someone fulled for me... oops for them.
3. A men's merino sweater. This one actually fulled to exact me-size! Yay! So I'm not going to cut it up, just gonna wear it! Have to make a patch to cover the logo though...
5. I have no idea what I'll do with this, but it was so cute and so sad, I had to take it home :-(
8. This will actually be worn! It needs a new lining, but I *JUST* read an article about that, not 3 days ago. So I'm snipping the old lining out, then I'll use it for a pattern for the new lining. Think I'll hit up Jo-Ann's for that one. What color should I get? I'm thinking something deep, a green, red, or navy??
Yes, I know there's a button missing. The folks who threw this away were nice enough to put it in the pocket :-) Thanks guys!
9. You almost can't see it in these pictures, since dark wool says "NO" to being photographed, but this is a bitchen black wool coat. Perfect condition, although I think I'll take it in a little in the back (they never tailor the backs of coats... I'm thinking just a little gathering will do the trick!)

But the collar is the coolest part!
So that's the Dump Trip Bonanza. I also took a better pic of my frilly new apron.
And now it's off to cooking land! I made some buttermilk waffles to have for breakfast for the next little while. They're to freeze, and pop in the oven in the morning. Easy peasy. The first one I made was a MESS though.I forgot that there's baking powder and soda in them, so they'll rise as they cook, and I thought that I hadn't put enough batter in... I had. Obviously. The whole batch made 8 ginormous waffles.
I also made a batch of biscuits, well, because the buttermilk was out? These are absolutely the easiest to make.
2 c. Self-rising flour
1/2 stick butter
3/4 c. Buttermilk
Thats. It. I swear. You cut the butter in (I use my hands) then mix in the buttermilk, and mix as *little* as possible. Turn it on a board (floured with normal flour, not self-rise), and knead like 3 times (until it makes a lump). Squidge it down into a circle and cut. Then mush all the little bits back together to make the last one. Spread the tops with melted butter. Throw em in a *WAY* preheated 500* oven for 9 minutes. Presto! Thanks White Lilly Flour for such a no-brainer recipe.
And wonderful biscuits!
Off to eat pizza leftovers (and maybe a strawberry shortcake... mmm...)!!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment