Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Making a dent

So, did a lot of cleaning yesterday. Both bathrooms are now completely unpacked, picked up, and CLEANED. Thoroughly. And, Lindsay, you'll be glad to know:

Couch has been cleaned and hermetically-sealed, awaiting your arrival. Hopefully, that will keep the majority of cat hair off it until you get here. But seriously, bring you some allergy crap or you will die.

I also found that I am a RIDICULOUS hippie. Washing my hair last night, I felt something weird, kind of like hay. It really wouldn't surprise me if I had hay in my hair, but I did have a bandanna on all day, so I wondered how it got there. I finally pulled it out. And.

It was a feather. I apparently stuck a feather in my hair, and totally forgot about it. I walked around with that shit in my hair. All day. And went shopping. With that shit in my hair. I then WASHED my hair, with that shit still in there. Seriously.

It was a nice feather though...

Late dinner last night, so it wasn't really a real dinner, but it was my all time favorite.

Toasted sourdough, hummus, mozzarella, and olives. OMGOMGNOMNOMNOM. Really, someday you should try it. It's perfect. And theoretically, it covers almost all food groups (except sweet and meat.)

Toast- grains
Olive oil (on toast)- fats
Olives- fruit. ooohhh yeah.
Mozzarella- dairy
Hummus- both beans AND dried tomatoes are veggies.

Woot. Better than Burger King, I say!

Haven't done much today, besides poke around and piss of the bees. We gave them a new super on the remaining new hive, but the one we did last time is still REALLY PISSED OFF. Even though we made sure to FULLY SUIT ourselves and SMOKE THE SHIT OUT OF THEM and it was a clear day, they still totally tried to swarm us. No stings, which is awesome, but damn bees. We're just trying to keep you happy. Piss off, eh?

Other than that, I finished a shopping bag I started (not very well though. Oh well, it's for throwing groceries in.) I keep meaning to make some produce bags. I hate those flimsy plastic ones, and I just hate plastic in general. I got tulle to do it but just haven't done it. Also want to embroider me some laundry bags, but haven't gotten to that yet either... sigh... I think I'mma go out and cut some butterfly bush now; I have some in a vase that have dried and they're beautiful, so I'm going to get some more! Off with me now!

2 comments:

  1. Yes. So good for my sleeping body not to be cover in deathly cat hair.

    Lindsay Riley and the Deathly cat hair.

    Also, update on my journey: Kim's coming.

    ReplyDelete