We moved the sheep to a new pasture today, and it was HILARIOUS. Phillip got one harnessed as soon as we walked over there, but the other two figured out what we were doing, and were not interested... in the slightest. They just kept wandering away... we'd feed them corn to try and wrangle them... they'd wander away. Probably took a good twenty minutes to get the other two haltered. I never did really figure out which way it was supposed to go on, but it worked, so no complaints. I don't know why I never realized this, but sheep are huge. They look dog sized, but they are at least twice the width, and have really sharp feet. Not fun when they step on you and you're in flip flops... They are now happily installed down by the chickens, which makes my life a lot easier. I don't have to go running around everywhere, it's all in one place; garden, chickens, and sheep! Yay! And apparently, I am not allergic to poison ivy... that field was filled with it, and, yes, I was in flip flops. There is a reason the blog is titled as it is...
Ok, Plaidness. Been working on the embroidery. It's gonna fucking rock. I started out using embroidery tracing paper, which I went all the way to Warrenton to get.
Imagine my frustration when it did not fucking work. All of the details were too crammed together, and it just came out as one big garbled mess. Poop. So, I went to my old fall-back: tracing paper. Traced out the design, pinned it on, and just went to stitching through the paper.

It rips away easy enough (I originally intended to just wash it and the paper would dissolve, but I am way too impatient for that!! MUST SEE NOW!!!) So far, so good :-) I didn't like how the little red lines at the bottom came out, so I took them out and redid them. BUT LOOK AT THOSE FEET!

AND IT'S LITTLE BEAK!

FUCKING CUTEST BIRD EVER.
And, as it currently sits in my lap (and I've been sewing as photos load...
Of course, I've sewn more as I waited for that one to load... but you get the idea ;-) Gotta start on the body! Gonna be great!So instead of naming this shirt something completely insane, I've decided it shall be titled:
Miranda
This is, of course, in honor and recognition of my embroidery's most wonderful designer, evar, Ms. Lindsay M. Riley. Thanks girl, you rock for letting me steal your shit. And, unlike that shitty ass guy from David & Goliath, I totally admit it's yours ;-) Though I will most certainly sell it for $5,000 if anyone's dumb enough to buy it for that much money...
I may not have a bluebird on my shoulder every day, but I will have a cardinal, and it will rock like no other has ever rocked before.
Off to stitchin!
I may not have a bluebird on my shoulder every day, but I will have a cardinal, and it will rock like no other has ever rocked before.
Off to stitchin!


0 comments:
Post a Comment