Monday, August 24, 2009

Back in the Saddle


Wee ha!

Sittin here, munchin on a nice provalone/colby grilled cheese on sour dough *love*, waiting for the feeling to come back to my arms...

Spent all morning cleaning, organizing, weed whacking THE ENTIRE GARDEN so the place would look nice when some prospective parents came by. I've never been so covered in grass in my entire life, and I have cuts all over my legs because I was wearing capri pants (and flip flops, of course.) Had just enough time to hose myself off in the shower before the parents got here. Place looks great, although I don't think they had time to go see the garden :-( Oh well, it needed to be done anyway. Good to light a fire under my ass. Allie and Emmy came by this morning to help. Kids must be bored during the summer if they ask if they can come spend 4 hours mowing and cleaning... starting at 8:30 am... (I definitely answered the door in my pjs...) They were good sports though, and we got a lot done! But now I think it's nap time for a little while...

But first! Look at these beauties!


And I found a ring case at the dump (do I love that place or WHAT!?) and I had no idea what I was going to do with it, but it was neat, so I took it home.


Guess what? It's the perfect size for crochet hooks!

*Update: It's actually the perfect size for tiny, lace hooks... ooops. But I remedied the situation by simply scoring and breaking a 1/2" off my hooks (the plastic ones at least. No help for the metal or wood.) "Take that crochet hooks! I'll show you who's boss!"*

And the little grooves for rings hold them in perfectly! Only downside: ugly blue lining.


Ooooglay!

Never fear! I had just folded a million pounds of fabric for the school, so I knew we had some nice, shiny red lining fabric; just the thing! A little scotch tape and a LOT of Eileen's Tacky Glue, and viola!
Good as new! And much snazzier!
The hooks fit *perfectly*
So now I have a handier, dandier case for my hooks! FOR FREE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment