Wednesday, August 19, 2009

WHEW!

It's been a whirl-wind week! It's just sunk in that It's back to being little-old me in a big, old house. :-(

We had a blast though. Much fun was had and adventures everywhere! My "surprise" turned out to be AMANDA! She came along with them from KY rather than flying back to PA, so we got 2 more days of Manda-goodness! We went thrifting in downtown Front Royal, and I got a skirt for TEN CENTS. Much hilarity ensued when I remarked that "I saved 15 cents by buying this skirt rather than a gumball." I don't know why; makes perfect sense to me ;-) Wings and beers that night!

Went to take Manda back to PA, but waited til Saturday. We got there right as the sun was going down (it was a very slow week... we were serious about relaxing.) Next day was Amish-land. Wanted to kill the world when our favorite buffet was closed :-( Deeply depressing. I was so set to eat the world and enjoy it to the fullest. We went to another place that was good, but not nearly as awesome (ie no dessert bar.) Spent the day driving around looking at all the farms, then went to St. Peter's Village and sat around on the rocks by a gorgeous creek. It was a very nice time!

Woke up early (or, normal-people-time) the next day and headed out :-( We decided to stop by DC on the way home, so we went down the east coast. Accidentally went through Baltimore, which was terrifying, and the directions we got made NO sense. Thanks dad for being my navigational ass-saver. You're the best.

DC was nice, and we found decent parking and went to the Natural History and Freed Art Museums. Went down and checked out the Capitol building, then walked through the city and went home! Yesterday was a day of rest, and it was nice. I think we spent the whole thing cooking!! It was so fun!

Now I'm rather wiped, so I'm going to get off here! Pictures later!

1 comment: