Saturday, August 29, 2009

Meh

Well, it's been a shortish weekend, seeing as how I slept through the majority of it... Just wasn't feeling tip-top. I dunno if I was sick or what, but I feel a bit better now. Maybe it was just the boredsies. Who knows!

Anyhoo, Did some bomb grocery shopping on Friday (thanks Dad!), got all kinds of goodies, which is awesome cause I was pretty much down to boxed rice. I didn't even have any Ramen (!!??). Cooked up some bison to make tacos... and yes. I said bison. Bison is actually really good for you, and much better than beef. With less fat and calories, bison is more nutritionally dense, and bison lead much happier lives; can you imagine feed-lotting a 2,000 lb animal? Bison are free-range, and arent' fed antibiotics and hormones. I'm pretty sold :-) I've had bison burgers, pasta sauce, and, my latest creation, tacos!, and they've all been delicious. Now that I know I can get it at Martin's, for not a whole lot more than beef, I think I'll just cut out the ground beef entirely, not that I buy a whole lot of it anyway.

Also made some croutons with old bread I found ( I am a crouton hog. I love them.) and broiled peaches with brown sugar and cinnamon. Super tasty! Next time I think I'll peel them though, since I don't like the peels (I'm terrible, I know, you don't have to tell me!) and it was uber messy to eat (but delicious!) I'm thinking that I'mma gonna have to make bread tomorrow, cause I'm on the last little bit of mine... But those two loaves lasted almost a month... so yay! I froze one, and all was good in the world. Gonna try some whole wheat this time, still mum's recipe, but I think you can do up to 1/3 she said? Mebbe? I think.

Mmm... let's see... haven't worked on cardigan since Thursday at the market... Moon has the background filled in, but needs details (craters, etc. Can't be a moon without craters!) Don't think I'm going to crochet the front of this one, just going to fold it over and make some button holes. Don't want the frills taking away from the landscape, ya know?

Okay, thinking about some sort of dessert now... gonna go scrounge!

0 comments:

Post a Comment