Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ambitious?

So, it's 3am. Do you know what your daughter is doing?

Getting really. Freakin. Ambitious.

I was bored, couldn't sleep, so I thought I'd start working on my next tshirt cardigan. I had a big black shirt expressly for this purpose, and a bright blue one to do some applique. Tried the big one on, and realized that it would take a lot of work to ever fit right... But would you imagine, the bright blue, a $2 BigLots kids' shirt that shrank like no tomorrow the first time I washed it, fits perfectly.

Looking pretty nice with that nightgown, eh?

And it's a v-neck, which lays very nicely! Not nearly as choking as a normal neckline!
YAY! problem solved! So of course I spent the next... 2 hours... looking up pictures to applique. My original idea was to have the black shirt, and use the blue to reverse applique a nice, BIG, gnarled tree on the back. Same place my tattoo is, but, well, not tattooed (I have a secret list of things I would like to also tattoo in that same place. Alas, I only have one back! Shirts will have to do!) Since I changed to the blue shirt, I figured I'd stick with the tree, and do it in black. Sounds neat eh? Well, I looked at pictures (and looked up tattoo parlours in DC to get my real one filled in... FOUND ONE!) and started doodling... and dooodling... and doooooooodling. And Oh My God. It's pretty awesome, but HUGE.


I think I've completely abandoned the idea of applique... I think I'm just going to embroider the living SHIT out of this thing... I want the tree to be all grainy and swirly. I'd also like a moon on the other side, and the tree is sitting on a big cliff (I have a thing with floating images... I like them to be grounded somehow.) Tomorrow is market day, and I think I'll get cracking... What have I done!?

Best Part of Crafting:

Helpers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment