I finished by brothers *cough cough* robe... *cough cough* today, and I was so zonked out that I sent it to Florida without even taking pictures. Or writing a not to my mom explaining what she needed to do to finish it. Lame lame lame. Oh well, I'd just look like a crazed nun anyway.
I have actually been sewing lately, just not necessarily taking pictures! I'm making some oven mitts for the kitchen, cause ours are, no joke, a health hazard. They're gross. So I had some nice forest green plaid in the stash, and I'm whipping them up, but I ran out of thread the other night. It's all good now, after a run to Joann's, but I haven't had any time to finish them. I also bought 6 fat quarters (woot! On sale for 99 cents!) to make some coasters for downstairs, so we don't ruin all the woodwork... I bought a hodge-podge of fabrics, but somehow I think they're all nice together. And there aren't too old-lady-ish, so the kids won't poo-poo them, but they aren't the Jonas Brothers or Twilight-themed. Thank God. I also bought one of those fat acrylic quilt squares to make things easy on myself. Those things are EXPENSIVE though!?? $8 for a 4X4 square of acrylic?? What?! Yeah... But hey, Sarah got paid. So it's all good. Speaking of, I need to find out where my cell phone bill goes... hmmmm...
I also took a little jaunt into the camping supply shop. So. Much. Fun. Makes me want to live in a tent forever. So, for $100, I got:
*2 Pairs of Smartwool socks. These were actually more than a third of what I spent, but after wearing them around all day, and napping in them, I'm a believer. Although, I have heard that just having wool on helps you to sleep better, and have tested this with wool sweaters (oh, little shrunken favorite sweater, I miss you.) But the socks are still really comfy :-)
*1 Dry bag. Apparently, all you do is roll it up, and everything stays dry. Niiiice. Gonna get some humongous ziplocks for all of the nasty stuff. Wasn't worth another $18 to have a clean and a dirty one.
*Concentrated soap & Shampoo/conditioner. I hate bottles of stuff, especially because they usually just explode all over my clothes. The shampoo is tiny, and apparently contains conditioner, although I doubt the accuracy of that statement (gonna try it out tonight to see if I'm going to need something else. I'm betting I'll still need detangler.) The soap comes in tiny little sheets, in a dispenser, like oversized listerine strips. I'm actally really excited about this. HOW COOL DOES THAT SOUND!? So that, and a tiny toothbrush and toothpast, tiny deoderant, and I'm good to go!
*Travel pillow. Don't feel like hauling one of my good ones on a river, so I got a little expandable one. I hardly doubt it will be as comfy as mine, but, hell, it's camping. I'll get over it.
*Sporkife. Part spoon, part fork, part knife. It's a spoon on one end, fork on the other, and then one side of the fork is a knife. SWEET!
Really, I think that's it. For $100? You crazy outdoors people are, well, crazy. That stuff is not cheap.
Ok, trying to install new media player and computer is being dumb, so I'll be back.
