Friday, September 18, 2009

So Much GOODNESS, so little time!

Well, I opened this window like 24 hours ago to write some updates, and, well, I haven't :-/ Obviously.

Ok, so here we go.

New chickies are still awesome, although we had a near miss when one of them gorged themselves enough to actually choke... Luckily one of our students is quite the chicken expert, and applied the correct pressure to make the chicken vomit all that back up. Mmm. Yummy. I've checked on them twice since, and no such tragedy has befallen us again. Yay! I would absolutely die if one of those babies croaked. They are the sweetest things I've ever seen.

I made another scarflette at the market this week! It's possibly my favorite. A nice brownish-greyish alpaca, super soft, and I ruffled the edge by your shoulders so it's super-awesomely cute! Big wooden buttons finish it off.


I also made a small one with my creamsicle yarn, but I haven't found buttons that I like to go with it, so no pictures of that one yet.

Started making some serious progress on my halloween costume! Yay! Of course, the undies shapes are completely different from all the other costumes I've made, so I have to make new ones (oh darn ;-) , starting with a new corset! It's made from this changeable taffeta I got on the remnant rack at Hobby Lobby (oh HL, I miss you so. Like the deserts miss the rain.) for like $3. Schwing. Already had enough canvas for interlining, and I used this lovely creamy yellow print from my grandmother's stash for the lining. It has little pressed flower images in a a darker yellow, and is lovely. I love sewing with it, and I'll love wearing it, as it reminds me of grandma all the time :-) *Depressing realization: Nearest Hobby Lobby in VA is 190 miles away. SOB. However, there is one in Pennsylvania that is only 93 miles. Only an hour and a half. On weekends, this is a distinct possibility. Sad that I would drive to Pennsylvania for a damn fabric store. But is soooo gooooood.* Boning is, of course, cable ties, my best friends. Will post pictures when I find my camera. Washed my dump fabric, and I think I might dye it a different color. The pink is alright, but I look terrible in pink... I'm thinking a nice wine-y red color! Still haven't figured out petticoat issue, but I'm sure I'll find something that I like. I have some crazy $1/yd finds that I've been meaning to use up... maybe they'll find a use!

These are the snazzy wineglasses we got FOR FREE at our wine party (free because they were still full of wine when the owner left :-/ He is a very nice man!

Ok, off to sewing land! Besides Halloween, I still haven't finished Ian's Jedi robes... sorry Bro.