Lazy crafting week though. Been too busy every night! Hopefully as meetings and beginning-of-school shopping slow down, I'll have more time to devote to makin' schtuff :-D Speaking of making stuff... gonna try making an apple pie tonight, and have to make some bread tomorrow... I'm all out!
So, went on an adventure today, of three parts: 1) feed store, not very exciting, except that they didn't have the right feed and I had to buy something else..., 2) NEW YARN STORE IN SPERRYVILLE!!! Very exciting! It's a nice little shop, not nearly as stupendous as ReBelle (but what is!), but they do have quite nice stuff, a lot of it locally made or dyed. And a pretty good selection of Peaches N Creme, which is delightful stuff. They also have a knitting circle on Tuesdays, and I think I'll alternated Knitting with bellydancing, so I don't send too much money in either place. She siad they are also crochet-friendly, which is nice; some knitters are derrogatory towards crocheters, and vice-versa, believe it or not. They also have a ball-winder, which is absolutely the shit. I'm going to look for one on Ebay, RIGHT NOW! ** Damn, ball-winders are expensive. I'm glad she gave me leave to use hers...** I got myself some goodies of course...
First, a lovely Peaches n Creme, in a colorway I've never seen before. Isn't that stuff awesome! Gonna make a washcloth, of course ;-)
Second, and absolutely to-die-for laceweight, hand-dyed (locally!) merino... mmm.... It's name is Goblin Mark. HOW AWESOME IS THAT!!?? I have a whole magazine with laceweight patterns, so I'm gonna look for a nice scarf pattern.
Part 3 of my adventure was the dump (of course!) I got some wool sweaters, one of which has little cardinals on it, which I didn't notice until I was throwing it in the dryer. One of them, I'm not quite sure if it's wool or not, but if nothing else it has nice buttons... One is an angora/merino blend (mmmmmmmmmmm) and the cardinal one is Shetland. Yay! I also found this sweet little bag, which will be a project bag here soon.
I'm going to make it a new lining, with places for my hooks, scissors, etc. As you can see, the lining now is pretty... eh... questionable.
Okay, off to make pie! But first, look who decided to help me take pictures!
They're always so helpful! And, look! New bangs! They're pretty short, but I love that they aren't in my face all the time. Style-wise, I'm not sure. But ease-wise, hellz yeah.
