Truly.
Super score today. I just got bored while crafting, and figured I'd take the 50 pounds of dirty cat litter sitting upstairs to the dump. It would be cruel to make the students take it out, right? I mean, it isn't that it would require another trip to the dump, which would give me a chance to peruse the "Flatwood mall" as it is known around here... noooo. Of course not.
So.
Halloween is certainly taken care of... I've been wracking my brain to figure out something to do with what I have in my stash (don't want to spend a million bajillion dollars this year) and I've been stumped. Besides making another ren dress. And, no offense Renaissance, I've done that for like the last EIGHTY Halloweens. I mean, obviously, give-or-take. But seriously. Need. New. Time period. And yes, I can't get away from doing period clothing (it's just so fun!) but I need a new era. And I'm thinking, it's about time to pay homage to Virginia. And I found OODLES of fabric at the dump, in the form of an old pinch-pleated drape.
There's a LOT of it... It's pink (that might change) and fully lined. And folks...
Sarah's going colonial!
I'm thinking something like these:
I like this pattern, but I'm not sure I want to buy a pattern... Have to check through my stuff and see if I have anything usable. I ripped apart all that curtain, and I have approximately 12 yards of fake dupioni. The horizons are wide open...I like her dress:
In the land of re-fashion, here are the rest of my finds!
Cute Mexican smock.
Yes, they are really that bright. I think I'll cut off the bottom embroidery, add some plain length from the bottom, and smock the rest at the waist, and maybe the sleeves. Then I'll take the extra embroidered parts and make a half apron. Sounds like a plan!
This is a rug. I'll probably use it for, um... a rug.
This is a sweet little yellow nightgown with lots of lace. I'll probably make it in to a shirt. I love Peter Pan collars :-)
Another cute nightgown with a sweet little print. It will become... something. Maybe wrapping?
This is so cute. I'm not sure what it was (shirt? nightgown?) But I have another shirt with a similar blue/white embroidery scheme. Unfortunately...
This one has some pretty good, un-fixable rips... So it'll have to find a new life! Who knows what!
Okay, serious chicken post tomorrow after Old Rag. No lie.
