Okay. Of course Gato has left me already... little turd.
This is one of the newer chickens. They're a buff/red comet cross, and they're CRAZY. They still flock together most of the time, and they are a bit wild... But heck, they've already laid a teeeeeny weeeeny egg (young chickens lay weird eggs for a while before they get the hang of it) so they'll do the trick :-)
I like him. Maybe a little too much. But he's ridiculous tame, and eats out of your hand, rather than trying to kill you. Nice change.
This is one of our newest! They are Jersey Giants, and they are just as their names would lead you to believe. They're huge. Right now, they're 2 months old... We have two colors, a blue and a splash. The splash is the light, and the blue the dark. They will be 10 lbs. full grown. That is a LOT for a bird...
Her name is Squirt, and she's my favorite.
Her name is Squirt, and she's my favorite.
Ridiculously. Tame. Birds. This was within minutes of being thrown into a totally new coop, filled with a bunch of other chickens who were not-so-happy about invaders...
Size comparison: Bird on left, 2 months old, bird on right, over a year. Granted, Silkies are a small breed, and ours might even be bantams, but still. Big. bird.
Random other chicken. They say that these are Araucanas, but I think they're actually Americaunas... And yes, there is a difference. I just figure that since ours consistently lay BIG eggs, and the color varies in intensity. And, yes, that is one ugly bird, but their eggs are a gorgeous blue-green.
Scarflette! This yarn is a handspun merino with something called "firestar". I have no clue what it actually is, but it's shiny and rainbow and I like it. :-P I also like that the beginning of the yarn was MUCh slubbier and thick in many places, so the edge frilled a little bit. It ended up being perfect because it means that it just curves down to your shoulders perfectly. The buttons were from an old blazer. The other side is actually the right side, but it had fake stitching on it and looked stupid. Can't wait for winter! I'm trying to make another with the creamsicle yarn I made (it's orange and white together) but I'm not sure if I'll have enough. I will certainly be making more of these though! So fun!
Just liked this back shot, gratuitious tattoo-age.
The end. Dance class tonight, super excited!!
