Watching the president talk about health care. Mom says I should marry this man. Besides the fact that he is closer to her age, and married already, I totally would. All warm and fuzzy feelings at this point!
So, no new crafting on the horizons... School started Tuesday, and it's been a busy week settling in to the new routine. Waking up at 7am= rude awakening indeed... It's been great though. These kids are amazing, and know what they're doing! Everything is relaxed, if a bit frenetic (always will be with middle schoolers...) I don't feel like I should be watching everyone's each and every step, the schedule is much less complicated, and everyone is having fun. Sometimes, I think the students are having more fun than we are.
So far, we've just done basic reviewing, orientation, etc. I'm actually going to be teaching two classes (pottery, and greek and latin roots), and teaching another student independently (oddly enough, he wants to take Latin instead of Spanish, and since he only has a year left, we're consenting). Scary, but exciting. Susan and David are both so supportive, and don't expect me to be fabulous immediately, which is a huge relief. Susan always worries that she's putting too much on me! I'm always afraid I'm not doing enough! Good combination I think.
I picked up 15 new chickens last week. They're a buff orpington/red comet cross. Very skittish at this point, they also move in a flock still, which is very humorous to a point (except when you try to put them up for the night and they flock the wrong way). We should be getting 6 Jersey Giants this weekend, after several failed attempts at pick-up... Fourth try is the charm??
Tomorrow is the market, and then the parent night. Eek! And actually, I just realized that there are things on the parent calendar that I haven't changed. Arg. Must do before bed.... nooooooooooo....
