Sorry about that. Just haven't been in the chatty mood??... Or more like: I've been crafting my fingers to the bone and haven't thought about blogging about it!
Best thing to happen to me this week: Double whammy!
1. Ridiculous amount of snow days. 2 days of school all week! AND THE SNOW IS BEAUTIFUL. Let's see what I say about that tomorrow when I have to dig myself out...
2. In conjunction with part 1, I got my yarn winder mere HOURS before the snow started falling heavily (yes, maybe I went out in the *light* snow *twice* to check my PO box. Don't judge. I am in love. Little cakes of yarn EVERYWHERE.
I also got this book all about hiding veggies in your foods. Granted, it is written for parents to hide veggies from their *children*, but I never find myself wanting to eat a whole lot of veggies, and I WANT to, so I think this is the best, if not most pathetic, route for me. Tonight, I made carrot macaroni, and I have to say it was pretty darn good. I didn't measure at all, just cooked some carrots (one was uncooked, because I started pureeing it before I realized they should be cooked first...) and threw them in the macaroni, doctored it up with some more milk (I put a LOT of carrot, which made it a bit dry), butter, and some Cabbot extra sharp. Dee-lish!
I also got a bread maker at the thrift store the other day for SIX DOLLARS. Because the stars have certainly aligned in my honor. I made one batch of whole wheat (with really nice locally-grown wheat), but it turned out heavy as a brick (mom did warn me about that...) so I'm making some white now, and I'll play around with mixing in the whole wheat later. The bricks will now become an extra-special "HOLY CRAP ITS COLD" treat for the chickens. They don't really like snow, so I figure they could use it ;-)
Bread, V 1.0
And now I'm too tired to type the rest. We've now been plowed out, and I'm thinking about escaping to town, because I've been stuck here since Thursday.
